Saturday, April 5, 2008

Heartfelt Bread



I have wanted these Pampered Chef canape bread pans for a long time, and amazingly they were at the thrift store! I cleaned them up and then went online for recipes (their boxes were long gone) I found out that they made these pans to fit the refrigerated french bread loaf! Wowie, makes it even easier, just pop open the blue can, spray your pan's insides with vegetable spray and put in the loaf , no shaping, just as it comes from the can and cook for an hour. If I had know I didn't even have to make the dough, I would have had these sooner.

for the second 2 loaves, which I made with unbleached light wheat flour to get a different color. The upper one in the photo is the refrigerated french bread style and my dough is the lower one. The commercial one has a softer crust, mine was sturdier, maybe better for toasted use.

I am making little fancy tea sandwiches from these hearts and taking them to a picnic at the Dallas Arboretum on Monday. www.dallasarboretum.org I am going to see the last of the "Dallas Blooms" bulb show. Back to the food, I will lightly butter both sides of the bread so the filling doesn't make them soggy. I am not sure what fillings I will use,maybe some ham salad and some  avocado.



No comments: