Friday, May 30, 2008

Orangina Quilt



My friend Suzie says this is not an orange quilt, that it is a hot pink quilt. Suzie loves orange more than I do. This is almost too orange for me to sleep under. Another friend offered to buy this when she saw it come back from the long arm quilter, hanging around waiting for me to get the nerve to bind it. My quilter loved it too. I'm thinking that it feels like summer sunshine.

My mama bought the pretty pillow to match. I started  collecting orange fabrics when Sara made her first monochromatic orange quilt. I made my friend Suzie a mixed orange fabric quilt like this one. Since I am a self taught quilter and pretty compulsive when I am into a theme, I always buy way too much fabric for my projects. After 4 or 5 orange themed quilts, I still have 1/2 a box of orange cottons.

No comments: